Saturday, May 23, 2009

Keck + Keck




I'd have to say, one of the most enjoyable aspects of working at Danish Teak Classics is the uniquely interesting conversations I have with the ever varied people who visit us. Last weekend, during the whirlwind that is Art-A-Whirl, I had the chance to talk with a man about a Keck + Keck home his daughter had just bought. You may know the name from the most prevalently featured home on display as the "Homes of Tomorrow" exhibition during the 1933-34 Chicago World's Fair.

Having written a research paper on another home featured in the exhibition, The Rostone House, I was interested to know what homes and buildings Keck + Keck went on to design after their success at the fair. I stumbled across these fantastic interior photos of a 1955 home in Chicago and just had to share them. It warms my heart to see a home of this stature rightfully decorated.

No comments:

Post a Comment